We are looking to find a loving family home for female and male puppies to share ownership.
What is Guardianship?
Our guardianship program is a great opportunity for people to own a sound puppy, on main register, that is part of our breeding program.
The guardian dogs are raised as pets from 8 weeks throughout the breeding career in their loving forever guardian homes. We would like to use both female and male Labrador puppies for our breeding program.
At age 1 we will get the hips and elbows scored and assess if she/he is a candidate for breeding. We will test for genetic traits and diseases to ensure we only breed from healthy dogs. We will keep the breeding rights for a set amount of time (each situation is different so we prefer to work out specific details with each family on an individual basis written in a contract). Guardian dogs have a short breeding career (females maximal 3 litters).
Once the guardian dog/bitch has completed his/her career they will have to be de-sexed and then we have the Dogs Queensland registration papers transferred into the guardian’s name.
Benefits to the Guardian Home Family
- Families can have a top quality, genetically screened, hip and elbow scored, sound Labrador Retriever
- Guardian puppies are the pick of the litter chosen by the breeder
- Pay less for a female dog in guardianship
- Guardians can schedule family trips and holidays while the fur baby is whelping and raising puppies (without the cost and worry of boarding)
- Guardians will be able to come and play with the puppies and their fur baby while the female is raising puppies
- With each litter whelped (if more than 3 alive puppies) guardians will get the opportunity to keep one of the puppies or get the agreed sales price
Why do we do this?
By keeping the number of dogs living full time with us to a legal maximum of 5 we can ensure that each of our dogs get the love, attention, exercise and training that they need. And we are able to use our own offspring to build up our breeding line.
We would not want to ‘retire’ our dogs once they are finished with their ‘work’ and rather want to give them their forever home right from the start, without the trauma of re-homing. As we are limited in numbers we thought this could be a potential benefit to us and the guardian dogs.
We will be fully responsible for all costs related to breeding (associated vet fees, ultrasound, caesarean, nutrition) during the period of pregnancy and whelping.
Please contact us if you want to find out more.